In this part of the book you will find concrete examples of DataLad applications for general inspiration. You can get an overview of what is possible by browsing through them, and step-by-step solutions for a range of problems in every single one. Provided you have read the previous Basics sections, the usecases’ code examples are sufficient (though sparser than in Basics) to recreate or apply the solutions they demonstrate.
- A typical collaborative data management workflow
- Basic provenance tracking
- Writing a reproducible paper
- Student supervision in a research project
- A basic automatically and computationally reproducible neuroimaging analysis
- An automatically and computationally reproducible neuroimaging analysis from scratch
- Scaling up: Managing 80TB and 15 million files from the HCP release
- Building a scalable data storage for scientific computing
- Using Globus as a data store for the Canadian Open Neuroscience Portal
- DataLad for reproducible machine-learning analyses
If you are using DataLad for a use case that is not yet in this chapter, we would be delighted to have you tell us about it in the form of a usecase. Please see the contributing guide for more info.